Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 10:33 AM
airspeed1974
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by Beechnut58 View Post
I'll take a WAG and say its way more than saying the right word. It's bad habits and bad attitudes. Ofcourse it's not posted on the website "10,000 hour pilots need not apply" but it has been told me by various people in training departments at different airlines. Some guys I flew with at my previous airline..... Id love to be a fly on the wall if they ever had to be FO's again.
So first they want you to chuck down a lot of money to get your ratings. Then they want that coveted 4 year degree. Then they want that turbine PIC time. And in the end if you went out there and got 6000 plus turbine PIC hours maybe they will look at you more closely too? Wow, sounds like a hell of a deal to me......

All joking aside I'm quite curious as I do exceed some of these numbers and having just turned 41 I actually was one day looking to settle down at a major. So these "people" told you what exactly? And this comes from them.....having a high rate of 6000 turbine pic pilots with bad habits and attitudes?