View Single Post
Old 01-31-2015, 07:37 AM
aa73
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

So I'm a prime example because I misread **one** word that was not even part of the JCBA we were voting on.

Obviously you have read every word of every contract you've ever voted on and have never made a mistake in the language. You've been 100% crystal clear and were always able to regurgitate the info with perfect accuracy to anyone who dared ask.

Please. Get off your high horse. The truth is that nobody understands a contract 100%: there are always gotchas buried in them. We make mistakes on the interpretation of the language. Rather, we make an educated choice after as much research as we can, while comparing and weighing the options between yes and no.

"Choice between a negotiated contract...?" Uh huh. I'm sure arbitrator Bloch would be right there with ya nodding in agreement. Because we have such a STELLAR record in winning past arbitrations, obviously Bloch was not going to touch a thing in our green book in order to maintain that stellar record.

Dude, you don't realize that ParKirbLass had everything planned out no matter which way we voted. If you think they were going to come crawling back to us with a no vote, well, all if can say is you fell right into the trap they were planning.

We were screwed the day the MTA was signed. Period.

I voted for the best possible and logical course of action while securing an industry leading pay rate that our DL and UA bros can shoot for in their negotiations. I'm fine with that and if you disagree, you're not the first.

You voted to keep yourself well below them, all in the effort to hold on to our bk green book rules that would be thrown in front of a company friendly arbitrator who would rule based on his interpretation of cost neutral. You're fine with that and I respect your choice, because you researched it...just like I researched mine.