View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 01:22 PM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

Originally Posted by flyallnite View Post
There appears to be a fair amount of 717 flying out of LAX this summer. LAS, PDX, SFO all have several flights per day. I'm not seeing any flights to these airports from anywhere else on the 717. ... in other words, how do they plan to get the AC and crews there from the current bases unless they are either A. deadheading or B. Opening a new category...
I know not there plan, but, given the training capacity on the 717 and the time frame for these west coast trips to start it certainly looks like they feel they have the capacity with dtw pilots to perform this flying.

Don't forget they can run five day trips. With a thirty hour layover in the middle there is a lot they can do to cover trips.

What the west coast guys should hope for is this is wildly successful venture out there and that they open a base and expand flying. But I believe they had said three bases only with 88 aircraft, but maybe they'll change their mind.

Here's to hoping for more west coast flying though. In the 717 LCA ranks it certainly seemed that there would be a west coast base and instead it was NYC. Idk why west coast stuff happens so slowly.

But my question is why not an airbus base in lax?

Last edited by forgot to bid; 02-01-2015 at 01:57 PM.