View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 01:31 PM
flyallnite
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Stay THIRSTY, my friends!

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
I know not there plan, but, given the training capacity on the 717 and the time frame for these west coast trips to start it certainly looks like they feel they have the capacity with dtw pilots to perform this flying.

Don't forget they can run five day trips. With a thirty hour layover in the middle there is a lot they can do to cover trips.

What the west coast guys should hope for is this is wildly successful venture out there and that they open a base and expand flying. But I believe they had said three bases only with 88 aircraft, but maybe they'll change their mind.

Here's to hoping for more west coast flying though.

But my question is why not an airbus base in lax?
I guess the reason I posted this was that CR has said repeatedly that there are no plans for a west coast 717 base. Time and time again, marketing shows up and pours a bottle of ink all over their carefully crafted plans. I think this is one of those times. It will be interesting to see how they accomplish this flying, and if it portends further 717 flying on the west coast. As to the latter, I think it does. The former... is up to CR. They'll need to decide how to get it done and right now, with only one flight that even touches the whole LAX 717 operation, the only way is by deadheading crews into the system. Considering the only bases are 3 time zones away, that's not a very economical solution. All we can do now is sit back and watch it unfold...

Airbus base in SLC is growing, and covers a lot of the west coast flying.