View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 09:54 AM
PilotCrusader
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2013

Originally Posted by MavAv8r View Post
The company doesn't blindly accept, and/or bid on something they know that they won't be able to staff. Great business model, and if you haven't paid attention to the industry in the last 10-15 years, TSA won't do something they can't make money. Gaining flying, and then losing it all, due to staffing, makes it tough to make money.

^This. They have simply altered their recruiting tactics for now. The primary focus is getting Captains on property for the initial growth spurt, because we will already have FO's to handle the initial growth. If we get short on FO's they can use the CQFO's to handle it. It's simply being smart with their hiring. Like Breezy said, the company hired 10 ish a month for over a year with no promise of growth, no upgrades, and no attrition. Now you are saying that since we are tripling in size to stay away? Go take your meds old man.

Bring.It.On... I've flown with enough old codgers like yourself that still think they are Chuck Yeager, and just getting it on the ground is a tough task.

You call that a solid 10 year contract? You do realize it is an absolute sh!t sandwich, and worse than the contract TSA pilots currently work under right? You do realize Endeavor has to stay around to get that bonus right? As for Mesa… you've missed the fast upgrade. So go there and upgrade in 2-2.5 years while your buddy came here and upgrades the day he hits 3000 TT. Don't forget that if we get short, we can and WE WILL drop the TT requirements if that is what is required to staff it. In which case you upgrade in 1-1.5 years tops.

The fact that people continue to rip on this place absolutely blows my mind. Why are we such a bad place to work? Why is it so bad that this pilot group has a good relationship with management and enjoys working here? Why is it so bad that we are growing? Why do we get the ridicule for "undercutting" yet Compass gets the free pass? You do realize that they have 20 of "your" birds because they were able to do it cheaper than you!! Yet, I don't see you on the Compass forum spewing the same sh!t you do over here. Is it because they are practically mainline pilots with those new engine under wing shiny jets!?!?

Move along.
Originally Posted by Pilottim79 View Post
You are such a troll. If you think the XRs are getting mothballed in 5 years you are nuts. Just cause a contract expires in no way equals a plane going away.

And yes, I would rather be at TSA than any of those you mentioned. It doesn't matter what airplanes you have if you have the worst contract and can't staff them, Mesa (see Republic). If you honestly think the new hire FOs will see that 80K you are a perfect Envoy employee. You think they will probably get flow through too!! haha.
I was speaking of the 15 145s from Envoy. They retire in 2020, if you can keep them running that long. Judging your laughable maintenance on the 10 you were forced to give back to us a few years ago, I highly doubt you will keep them even that long.

The rest of your sputter is just illogical drivel from a kid.