View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 09:38 AM
HuskerAv8tor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: 737

Originally Posted by Airtoday View Post
I am usually a lurker and had to register to post on here. I don't want any part of the storm you guys are kicking up. I did however, recently interview for a CQFO position. Whatever they state the minimums to be, what they don't state is they want you to be currently flying 121/135/military. I left a 121 operator 6 months ago and they immediately stated in the interview that I would not qualify. Even though that was the entire reason I was there. They also stated that they had refused guys more qualified than me because they were not currently at a 121 job. Even though that was the basis of my being there in the first place. They then attempted to sell me on the idea of joining as an FO anyway at the lower pay rate with the insistence that upgrade and growth were so close it would be irrelevant that I had not been a CQFO. I have no opinion as to why any of this is the way it is. I am merely relaying the facts. For anyone considering it, please be very vigilant when making initial contact. Ask as many question of the recruiter before you travel for the interview and make sure you are both on the same page. Remember, it is your time and money as well.
Is there more to this story? We have guys in class who have no 121 experience. This the only negative thing I have heard about the interview process. Basically if someone has the quals the job is theirs to take on the spot.