View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 04:40 PM
Loop
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2014

I'm extremely grateful for all the positive posts on here. Every time I talk to another pilot and tell them I want to work at Atlas they say they have a friend there and they love it. I'm In a crashpad now and there a bunch of guys in their 50's working for one of the big three who are still commuting and sleeping on a bunk bed in a roach infested house. My goal several years ago was to be at one of those airlines. If one of them would've called, I would've went for sure. The money is great, no doubt. Sure the work rules are great too in some instances. I jumpseated on AA with a senior 737 captain not too long ago. He said in 1997 he made $211K. Last year he made $169K and was doing nothing but complaining about pay, union stuff, work rules, and the company. Everyone has complaints about their job. I've worked construction, mowed lawns, served tables, did the cubicle thing, dug post holes, fueled aircraft, cleaned out animal cages, and even worked as a back up cook for red lobster. (That's the worst one) My point is being a pilot is a pretty cush job most of the time. As we all know, it can also be extremely difficult as well. The rewards make it worth it though. For some of us it's not all about the money. Personally, I'm in it for adventure and world travel. There are obviously problems here and hopefully all the pilots will ban together and make it better. I've done my research on Atlas and for me the positives outweigh the negatives. Congrats to those who just got on, I know you're just as excited as I am.