View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 06:40 AM
Sputnik
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Petting Zoo

Originally Posted by lear700pilot View Post
Probably not the way he intended, but I get what he is saying. Since when does being: gay, female, black, Asian, white, male, etc. have anything to do with qualifications? These are factors part of the human species, but do they make us better at flying? (obvious answer here). So why then has it been allowed that companies associate themselves with these organizations and these are the only places these recruitment teams will meet with candidates? If you think about it, it is discrimination to whites, males, Indians, Asians, Muslims, Hindu, etc. because there are no organizations to represent them that these airlines associate themselves with. These carriers are one lawsuit away from not being associated with any of them and this could actually be something that happens.
You know India is in Asia right? And that the vast majority of Indians are either Muslim or Hindu? And that they could become OBAP or WIA members as both organizations welcome members of any race or gender....even white men.

I've no idea why Delta attends certain hiring fairs. Anyone can sue anyone, but I suspect Delta has more lawyers than pilots and really doesn't worry about being sued for attending job fairs sponsored by organizations open to people of any race/ethnicity/gender/sexual orientation.

Oberon covered it, but if you ever get the chance to walk through a Delta crew lounge you'd soon put to rest your worries about discrimination against the white man.

But go ahead and bring your lawsuit. Let us know how it goes.