View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Jakob
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006

It definatly is very advanced. I don't know about the qualifications needed but I have spoken to some Lufthansa pilots and former students and they said it was really high paced and tough for the students so I guess it's not easy to be a CFI there. I heard, they do noise abatement approaches in their Bonanzas. The Lufthansa program pushes students through the entire (European) training in two years. After two years students have their (frozen) ATPL and start with their line-training on either the A320(DLH, Germanwings, Condor-Berlin), the B737 (DLH), the B757/B767(Condor) or the A300(DLH). It starts out with half a year of theory in Bremen, Germany. Then comes the Phoenix part for about half a year. Then comes another, slightly shorter part of theory in Bremen, followed by the second part of actual flying. They flew twin engined, turbine aircraft around Europe then.

Just as a quick overview of how the training looks like. This is no information though, what qualifications you need in order to be CFI there, I simply don't know...

I know about this career path with Lufthansa, as I live in Germany and might apply there after finishing school here. But I probably won't as I want to move back to the States. If you have any other questions about the program, go ahead and ask. I know a little about it and I knoq people who I could ask. I'd be happy to help anybody out.

Cheers - Jakob