View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 06:05 PM
higney85
Property of Scheduling

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Bus driver

Originally Posted by Past V1 View Post
This statement couldn't be anymore false. I generally agree with you Higney on 99% of what you say, but past performance is the only data you have and should use. Doing otherwise can be very damaging to ones career.

I would say, if you have a business plan available to analyze for future reference, then use it. But in financial statements, they caution into forward looking statements. Even with an ever evolving industry, to advise against looking at past performance is veering people in the wrong direction.

You wouldn't invest your money like that, why would you treat your career any other way?

As far as 9E goes, look at your present situation and look at their past performance plus their future statements with caution knowing things could change. If the risk/reward is favorable or unfavorable, make your decision.

Not trying to start an argument, just adding some clarity. Good luck.
I'm not sure where the disagreement lies. By my understanding we are saying the same thing in different words.

Edit: past and future seem to be a disagreement. Where you are and where you want to be is individual. I don't recommend taking a regional track record as forward looking statements. It's where you are now and reality of where the company is going.