View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 07:20 AM
fricklyfart
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2015

What's funny about these discussions is you don't hear airline pilots talk of their 3rd divorce, kids growing up with a dad gone 3 weeks out of the month. The infidelity, half you life spent in hotels. The endless time in airports commuting.

Some airlines pay, after 15 years. Meanwhile some Citation driver is getting laid every night, has hobbies, he's got a life outside of aviation, he's a captain vs some tool for his betters.

Sure some corporate jobs suck, mine never did. Now lets talk flying...just what skill sets do airline jocks have? Taking off and landing at 10k foot runways, flying the same routes, and have a book or phone or crew member telling you how to fly?

I passed on being someones student pilot my whole career. That said, not all corporate pilots are poor. Some play the market, buy homes, have a business, but the big plus? Time. We have it, the airline guys are endlessly living in hotels, looking at a horizon with no end, and away from family.

Damn right you guys need to get paid, just like soldiers in Iraq. Time you can't get back, time you won't ever see again at that age.

So I tip my coffee cup to the guys as I sit here on a Thurs morn. Enjoy it, when you retire at 60, when it's too late.