Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 02:37 PM
The Juice
ULTP-Ultra Low Tier Pilot

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by Plane Ramrod View Post
I'm glad they are comparing us to the larger carriers this time. Last time our peer group was weaker. The comparisons were good, but they missed a couple points in the company's favor.
-1 Opportunity for premium pay is not accounted for
-2 Using terms like "Top of scale" and giving it a cute acronym masks the fact that it takes NK 3 years longer to reach "TOS".
-3 Maybe just me, but I found the title "Pilot Education on Contract Negotiations" a bit pompous.
I think it is titled correctly. There are many pilots here who have no idea how far behind we are with pay, where the industry has gone and that 9% match is not great, neither is a 15 year pay scale. I cant believe how many guys think a 15 year pay scale is better than a 12, "Well I should still see raises years 13-15," having no idea that our 15 year rate would be our 12 year rate.

They can title it "Pilot Education on Contract Negotiations," "A Brief History of Contracts," or "Wake up people, we are close to the bottom"...I dont care. Im glad it is out there and I hope to see more of them.