Thread: Skywest vs PSA
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Theswede
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by tothebigblue View Post
you still have to get 1000 jet before you can do ANYTHING upgrade wise. sure PSA you can get that but where will the company be when you actually get to the 1000? Wait for the compass call. Living in base and being at an airline trumps commuting plus you'll be part of the union which is better than being non union and not protected. you can drop trips at any airline, how you're paid and how you can drop and pick up trips as well as bid is big deal. good thing with this time in the industry is you can "shop" for an airline. i like having 3 options to compare rather going on a 50/50 shot. best of luck and keep applying everywhere!
That is correct. I do not have any previous 121 experience so I'd need the 1000 before upgrade. To be honest I'm not sure I'd be comfortable upgrading that fast anyway..

Originally Posted by prior121 View Post
Better question, do you want to be a regional FO in 5 years or a mainline FO at American Airlines?
My long term goal is to get to the majors.
Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
Compass.
I recognize you from the Skywest-thread. Do you see things getting even worse from here? Do you think staffing problem will add to this?

Originally Posted by ThreeStripe View Post
I congratulate you for doing your homework. You need to ask yourself this question: "if I do get stuck at this place for the rest of my career, is this a good place to be?". You do not know what the future will hold and you do not want to start over at first year pay. Pick the place that offers the best QOL today (it may change in the future, but without a crystal ball, you have to go with what you see today). My advice is Sky West, but you need to decide.
Thank you, I truly appreciate your advice.