View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 03:16 PM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Mem9guy View Post
If our ER rate is a composite 75/76 rate, why did we negotiate to compare with the other airlines 757 rates? It seems like we are not really comparing rates for like aircraft that way putting us at a disadvantage.
The key word there is negotiate. I suspect we asked for something better. It's the end product. We did not specify which 757 type so perhaps there is some hope. Here is the contract section.

2 4. If, during any consecutive rolling 18-month period, the Company grants an across-the-board increase in base pay rates to non-pilot U.S.-based workgroups covering 30% or more of its non-pilot U.S.-based workforce, then a review of pilot composite hourly rates will be triggered. If, as a result of that review, it is determined that, as of the date the review was triggered, the Delta top-of-scale 757 Captain composite hourly rate is less than 100% of the average of the top-of-scale 757 Captain hourly domestic day rates at United and American, the pilot composite hourly rates will be increased (except as provided in Section 3 B. 4. Note). The amount of increase will be the lesser of the percentage difference between the Delta top-of-scale 757 Captain composite hourly rate and 100% of the top-of-scale average 757 Captain hourly domestic day rates at United and American, or the average percentage increase (except as provided in Section 3 B. 4.Note) granted to the non-pilot U.S.-based workgroups of the Company. Any percentage increase due the pilots will be effective as of the date of the increase that triggered the review.

Using my math and Americans new 757 rate at 242 an hour we need a rate at UAL to exceed 212 to start triggering a increase. With both AMR and UAL getting a 3% raise next JAN it does look like we would be due around a 3% raise next APR if the company gives a non contract raise which is likely. If we could use the UAL 757-300 rate we could be due a raise on 1 APR. I am probably missing some important detail but I will ask my reps to insure it's looked at.