View Single Post
Old 02-07-2015, 04:26 PM
MaxThrustPower
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by JohnnyDingus View Post
DC pro-x. It has anr and Bluetooth. Very crisp and clear. Also lightweight. I don't get that clamping feeling.
The David Clark DC Pro-X is "not your father's David Clark headset." I agree -- don't get the clamping feeling that the older model passive noise cancellation David Clark's are known for.

I found that the DC Pro-X is a great compromise right in between the market niche (price, size, and noise cancellation) of Telex 850 and Bose A-20.

As you pointed out, the A20 is big, bulky, expensive, and is probably overkill for most jet cockpits.

While the DC Pro-X is not fully as quiet as the A20, its' noise cancellation is over DOUBLE that of the Telex 850.

Likewise, its' price is right in between the Telex 850 and Bose A20 -- a couple of hundred dollars more expensive than the Telex but also several hundred dollars cheaper than the Bose.

It weighs about 1/3 less than the Bose (7.5 oz vs 12 oz) but almost double the Telex, which weighs in at 4 oz.

It folds up very compactly for storage and takes up much less space than the A-20. Of course, the Telex is even more compact if size and weight are your overriding concern.

David Clark offers a 5-year warranty and is known for their great customer service.

To me, the DC Pro-X offered a lot of value for the money and I've been very pleased with my purchase. Many of the pilots I've flown with have admired it and I know at least one purchased one for himself right after trying it on our trip!