View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 07:39 AM
NoSidNoStar
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

NineG, thank you for the lengthy answer. I do appreciate the time and effort, and the polite and eloquent tone.
However I am failing to understand why, you think, a union is detrimental to the pilots in the long run. I still believe that it benefits the individual.
You talked about the regionals. Isn't the "scope clause" a possible defense of a pilot group from the outsourcing to regionals? And isn't this outsourcing to regionals a product of the free market lowest bidder? How can an individual protect himself better than an union?
Investors get together, form a corporation which becomes a legal entity (the employer) with a lot of power versus the individual employee. Getting together as employees and forming a union to enhance the negotiation power is only a natural result. Assuming an honest union, that looks after the entire group, how is that so negative for the individual?

Sorry that I am slightly off the main scab topic. Just trying to understand others point of view.
I am sure Airhoss, TonyC, and the others have plenty reasons to feel so passionate about the scabs issue, and have directly being broken by it.
I know I would be really belligerent if I had been effected. And then again, may be we are all effected by it, directly or not.