Thread: Kalitta Air now accepting FO applications

Iron Maiden , 02-11-2015 01:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off
Iron Maiden
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2013
Quote: i was in transition training last year to the -400 .... including down time before and after that and before OE.. and I only flew one short trip in Dec due to a death in the family. So.. I was available to fly essentially 9 months and logged 500 hours... so thats.... about 55 hours per month. i would guess that probably average ..i know guys with more... and less. Fwiw... i don't work days off.

First 12 months pay... hard to say... but because of training pay issue.. I would think 50-55k.. could be vary a lot. As for hotel... its my understanding with the new AQP initial... you are probably on the hook for two weeks of housing on your own... in the past it was about 4 weeks so .. not quite as bad. And finally yes.. essentially you are responsible for getting to AQP each year... BUT as someone above mentioned... that does not always hold true because your AQP would have to start on your first day... or they would have to leave you on R4 home reserve ( VERY VERY rare )... if they bring you out.. and say 5 days later your AQP is scheduled.. they must get you to and from... the basis for this is that YIP is in theory your base... and training is in base.. so they assert they don't have to fly you to your domicile..... thats the way its stated in the contract. whew... good luck... spoke with a guy who interviewed recently and was surprised to find out that of the 4 guys who interviewed that day... none had heavy international time... and 3 of the 4 had less than 5000k hours.
Hopefully after reading this, that I have a chance.

Quote: stick to what you really know, unless you work here, you really don't know
My apologies, was just writing what I know from my relative who is on the -400. I'm not trying to stir something up that shouldn't be.