Thread: Indoc to training

Rolan75 , 02-11-2015 05:02 PM
Line Holder
Rolan75
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2014
For what its worth, I was an August new hire. Indoc 9 days in DEN followed by 6.5 weeks of 737 training in IAH. No breaks at all, except the 2 calendar days off each week, sometimes only home 30 hours. 4am sims the entire time.

Training pay through all of it (3 hours per day plus per diem 24 hours a day) which was very nice.

Positive space to and from Home of Record on days off (but be careful bc an oversold flight you can actually be bumped as an agent attempted to do to me).

Hotel with single occupancy the whole time. INCLUDING IOE before and after the trips. I did a 1 day turn, then a 4 day trip and had hotels for all of it.

You get 3 days off either after your LOE event before IOE, or after IOE. There is allegedly a date you have to make the request by, and I think I missed it, but the IOE scheduler gave it to me anyway. DON'T FORGET THIS.

You also get 3 transfer days that must be requested within 90 days of being activated in your new position (right after IOE). I was told about this late in the game, it slipped my mind, and I missed the cutoff. DON'T FORGET THIS EITHER.

Sorry for the all caps, but just wanted to help you guys get everything you are entitled to contractually. Some of this was not emphasized to us....or maybe I was so flooded with information I just never processed it.

Good luck and welcome!!!!