Thread: Mesa
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 02:20 PM
24/48
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005

Originally Posted by word302 View Post
The point is things will not change unless applicants quit coming through the door. You and I both know we're talking about more than a few dollars an hour.
Ideally you're right. Sadly we don't live in a world of ideals. Majors are hiring a ton for the foreseeable future due to attrition, and new aircraft. I would argue that getting on at a major is the goal of most who apply at a regional right now. Mainline managements know this and will continue to put out bottom of the barrel CPA's for bid, playing the field if you will. With out those CPA's regionals cease to exist, and when one drops there is another one to pick up the slack (ACA and CMR come to mind, a whole bunch of regionals feasted on those carcasses). So what we're down to is this: No regional is desirable long-term whether it's pay, work rules, QOL....they ALL suck in one way or another, but they are a means to a goal. I'm all for regional pilots trying to improve things, but I'm afraid the new standard is what you see at PSA and ENY.