View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 05:04 PM
duvie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: WB Bunkie
Default Comparing the 6 Legacies

In an attempt not to hijack another thread I thought I would post this thought elsewhere. Low & Slow came up with a short list of what to look for in a carrier. Here's my breakdown of the 6 "Legacies"

Originally Posted by Low & Slow View Post
If qualified, why not apply to an airline with growth potential and decent management with a track record of solid perfomance?
American: Fits the profile except for the fact that they don't have much growth potential. Also, I'll probably be Captain by the time they start hiring

Continental: Meets all the requirements very well but has a terrible long term track record. Its only been in the last decade that anybody really considered CAL on par with the other legacies

Delta: Pretty early to tell but they seemed to have pulled their heads out of their arses and are making a solid run at things. They have a descent track record and potential for growth.

United: Bad management, descent growth potential (just to get back to what they once were) and a bad track record.

NorthWest: I think they have the potential to do well but the tension between the pilots and management sure keeps things exciting. Improved morale sure would help them turn things around

USAir: Doesn't meet any of the above. Unless Doug Parker exploits the (relatively) small international presence USAir has then the only growth potential they have is through south/central america with America West.