Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2015, 08:31 AM
Kellwolf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2010
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by flowaz1 View Post
Actually that's not all correct. If you pick up a trip,on your day off, through reserve open time it pays time +half and jr man, that's if that trip is awarded to you. But it has to be through reserved open time. It also goes on top of guarantee
In order to GET that as a reserve, they would have to have no other reserves legal for the trip and no one senior to you grabbing it first. In years of reserve, I've never been able to do it. During IROPs in the NE might be about the only time, but any other time it's probably like a 3% chance of working.

Let's say it's a 2 day trip that starts on a Tuesday. You've got a 4 day block of reserve that ends on Monday, so day 2 would be the money day. They'd need NO 2 day guys starting on Monday when they assign the stuff starting at 7 am in order for you to get it. If you're off both days, it's even slimmer as they'd probably break up the trip over two reserves before assigning it to someone going into a day off. If you've managed to get one into your day off like that, awesome. You're the first guy I've heard of to use aggressive reserve pick up to pull it off. Most of us just count on RSAs for that.

Originally Posted by Flyby1206
Staybridge is a great place for long term training, but I think it is just for newhires. I tried to get them to put me there when I was down for long term, but they said it was full.
My whole transition class was in the Staybridge except for one guy that got lost in the shuffle. They were able to move him over there after the first week. The class behind us got screwed and were put in the La Quinta.