View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 06:15 PM
coldpilot
DisplAAced

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: EMB-145 FO

Here is one that I got on my interview with 9E. "It's your last flight on IOE and on our last flight we heard a bit of a noise coming from the left engine. We had mx check it out on the ground and they signed off the aircraft for our return flight to MEM. IOE has been going great. We have been getting along well and you are doing an awesome job flying the airplane and you will get signed off when we get done with this flight. As we are rolling down the runway I call out V1 and we hear a loud bang come from the left engine. I tell you to keep it on the abort the takeoff and keep it on the ground. What do you do? Are you going to defy me, your training captain, who is about to sign you off to fly the line or do you continue the takeoff?"

I said if you call out V1 and then we hear the bang that by the time you say something V1 has come and gone so we will continue. The airplane will fly it was certified to do so. Throw the thrust levers full forward and get it off the ground, run the checklist, and then come around to get it back on the ground.