View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 04:04 PM
Sputnik
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Petting Zoo

Originally Posted by Cubdriver View Post
The way I was brought up, you do not condemn the loser just for being the loser. Most people here seem to condemn SH for quitting the industry as though he made an insincere attempt. From his story it sounds as if he put plenty of good faith and time into the effort, and still could not pay his family bills. As such, he had a valid reason to quit and also has a useful message for those who are still here trying for the stars- you may not get to the brass ring despite your best efforts and time to the contrary. I for one enjoy hearing SH's past struggles because they were real life lessons, and I encourage him to participate here in some way even now as a GA pilot.
I don't mind his doom and gloom. It's silly, maudlin and over the top, but so what.

For someone to fail at something is fine. To assume that because they failed no one else could possibly succeed is incredibly arrogant and intellectually vacuous at best...or just psychotic.

And when presented with statements from people who have in fact done just fine, in this latest round USMC, 80kts and JohnBurke, he mutters incoherently (this time it's "China"). Then starts all over again with point 1.

It's silly to argue with crazy people.