Thread: Emirates Road Show Results

PILOTGUY , 02-21-2015 02:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off
PILOTGUY
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2005
I try not to tell people whether they should come to EK or not. I do my best to just give my experience.

I am happy at EK. Last years lack of anything more than a step raise was the first time I have been disappointed with this company. The numbers have been run at $80 for a barrel of oil and it equates to 12weeks bonus. Well, oil has been below $50 for quite some time now, so anything less than 12 weeks will send me that direction again.

I have looked at a few of the US carriers several times and the numbers just do not make sense or work for me. So when I look past that at schedules, huge tax bills, days off, retirement contribution, lack of transport or free laundry, etc, etc.....it reminds me of the many things that make me happy here.

I have always offered people who have PM'd me about coming to Dubai for the interview that I would take time to show them around for a few hours and answer questions. I just give my experience, and it works for me.

Maybe another factor for me is that I am single. Most of the people I know going back to the US have families. Not true for all, as I know plenty of guys with families here who are happy here as well.

Yes, TONS of gorgeous cabin crew. It gets boring quick. Go into any bar in Dubai, and you can just toss a rock at the girl you want, but don't come here for the girls only!!!!

In the end, I remind people to do what is best for them, even if it is choosing a carrier in the states.