Thread: Mesa
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 07:04 PM
tinman1
sippin' dat koolaid

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: gear slinger

Originally Posted by airborne840 View Post
I do live in base at one of the bases of Skywest. What about future contracts and growth?
Like I said, I wouldn't commute to Mesa if I were tied down and living in a SKW base. But if you're concerned future contacts and growth then I would take a closer look at Mesa and consider a possible move.

It's not all sunshine and butterflies here but it's not nearly as bad as APC wants you to believe. Mesa is poised for growth and the current movement here is unreal. I was hired last spring and am halfway up the FO list at our most senior CRJ base (PHX). Remember, the latest batch of 7 new CRJs announced had options for an additional undisclosed amount. If you get in now you won't be a regional FO for the better part of the decade, which is nice considering FO pay here sucks balls.

The guys and gals I know at SKW love it there, but they will most likely be there for awhile. They seem to be content and have a good bit of loyalty towards their company, and from what I understand there are a ton of mid seniority lifers around. You won't find that here at Mesa. I'd say most of us hired in the last two years won't be around for a day longer than we have to be. Anyway, you have to do what's best for you and your family.