View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 02:36 AM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by kevbo View Post
Everyone pushed a lawnmower to pay for flight training, right. I worked at a flight school for a long time, I know the demographic well.
Apparently you don't know the "demographic" as well as you think.

Many, if not most of us, flight instructed; you've hardly an exclusive background there.

I don't know that "all" have responded. I did, and yes, I did push a lawnmower, as well as cycle fifteen miles to the airport to wash and wax airplanes, do maintenance, pump fuel, and so on, in exchange for flight time. I mowed lawns, walked highways and tracks and collected cans at rodeos and events, and anything else I could do for money. We had thrift store clothes, no television, no microwave, and by any account were dirt poor. I worked summers doing custodial work, worked in a bookstore, made pizzas. I mowed lawns for instructor's mothers, and managed to get high school homework done at the same time.

Whatever the "demographic" that you think you know from your small corner of the world, you've clearly not seen everything yet. Some of us worked quite hard to get here, and by consequence, appreciate what we have. It's been earned.