View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 09:03 AM
Pogey Bait
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: Port Bus

Originally Posted by airspeed1974 View Post
Just finished the online assessment recently. While of course any company doesn't want a bunch of morons working there I am still trying to figure out why we need to go through these tests.

Take for example the one with agree, strongly agree, etc. There are so many questions that you just can't simple answer like this. I mean it's not that simple.

For example, one question "you like to work alone" Well sometimes yes I do! Another one "you care a lot about what others think" well that depends who!

I'll never forget doing the assessment at EK years ago in Dubai. We were all doing the same test and this guy from South Africa just blurts out "hey one of he questions is "you feel like someone is trying to rob you" well of course I do, I live in South Africa!!!!

Anyway, I think stick and rudder and how well you can get along with others much more important than being able to explain if a train going westbound at 81 mph.....

What ever the test are required for, I do not know. But I can tell you that in the 2 years that I have been here, I have only flown with 1 Captain that was a little off. This place hires outgoing, well rounded, mainly like minded individuals that enjoy flying airplanes. Great pilot group.