Thread: AA and RDU
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 04:33 PM
ERJ135
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: CR7 Capt

Originally Posted by AAflyer View Post
In a nutshell. The 3 crew pairing is taken from another base. More often than not DFW. The kicker is the FB may come from ORD or BOS etc. There are some senior folks who live in RDU who were based there and are now based in DFW.

So yes, it is a great deal for them to sit home, drive to RDU and pick up the trip to Gatwick, skipping the DH.

Sorry I missed you down in DFW. One more week of sim and I am done. Hope you are enjoying Eagle.

AA

Just looked it up, this month it is flown by all DFW. And the flight today flown to LGW is mid sequence. The original pairing is DH from DFW-LGW, next day LGW-RDU, tnext day RDU-LGW, and finally last day home is DH from LGW-DFW. The Captain;s seniority is #2 system wide.
Hey, thanks. Eagle is pretty good. Been flying like crazy. Everyday on rsv so far. I have 60hrs so far since I started and my first day of IOE on May 2. So I have 6 days of rsv starting tommorrow already have a 2 day worth 12hrs and a ton of open time this weekend. I'll probably round off the first month with 90-100hrs in the plane. Good for time building.