Old 02-26-2015, 02:25 PM
Neosporin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: outside

Originally Posted by ExitPoint View Post
For grins and giggles, would a current -400 pilot mind posting a typical 17 day schedule?
Dude, it doesn't exists, really it doesn't, sorry.

this is the only thing i think could answer your question.

24 hours before you call scheduling, FO whomever rporting for duty. ok contact travel for a ticket to CVG. you do then, you fly to CVG from your home airport the afternoon prior, prior to 0001Z, oops...

then you either get a trip to BRU or LEJ, after two days in LEJ you are on your way to DEL, a day in DEL, then to HKG, you return to DEL two days later, ooops, you return to HKG. three days later you fly back to DEL. next day you fly to LEJ, whew.
now you sit in LEJ a few days, then back to CVG. it may be day 13 by now, oh wait, you were reassigned a trip from AMS to JFK, so they send you in a van to AMS. ooops, they screwed that up, now they need you in RMS, wait no, back to LEJ, in another car to LEJ, then you fly to DEL, then to HKG, it is day 17, wait that won't work, so i need to get home.....they try to convince you to DH alllllllll the way back to CVG via DEL and LEJ, but you should say, "buy me a ticket on United back to the lower 48.
they have to do it. or wait, there is a classic going back thru ANC to LCK then JFK.....hmmm, get home two days late......for a mere 9.5 hrs(50%) of 19.0 or 7.30 hrs or the half of the UA flight, 7.0. the 2.5 home.