View Single Post
Old 07-01-2005, 06:13 AM
bluebrother

Originally Posted by Realistic
I didn't create our system of lopsided compensation and I never said anything about brotherhood. That is all just sentimental crap.
When a few hundred pilots (some hired less than a year before me) are pulling down $170,000 a year and I'm selling my house - then I'm not inclined to just go with the flow.
Representation is nothing more than a business deal. Sometimes it's about safety, sometimes it's about getting beat up by scheduling, sometimes it's about leveling the playing field, sometimes people get taken to the cleaners, and sometimes people do the right thing. Etc, etc, etc.
But I have never believed that it was about togetherness.
This is not a social club, it's not church, and it's not a dating service. It's where I intend to meet my long-term financial expectations.
If we could take a peek at some of the administration's contracts, I'm sure that the legal language in those documents would drive home that fact.

i question "the few hundred pilots" making $170,000. maybe check airmen, but not your average "senior captain". very unlikely. (i should know, im in the top 200 and flew over 850 hours and was not even close to that bizarre statement). if their telling you that, then their blowing smoke up your a**.

of course you didnt create this "lopsided"?? system. but when you make comparisions be fair. show me the difference between senior pilots here and other airlines.

if you want to meet your long-term financial expectations, then your better have a REALITY CHECK what industry your working in or find another profession to meet those goals. right now its about longevity. you will not obtain longevity when your too biggest expenses: labor and FUEL keep going up. i.e. us air, united, and now delta and northwest. so be very careful what you wish for right now.

again, this industry is in chaos. never has there been a time when every other airline is in bankruptcy or going into bankruptcy. your wannabee unions have given back all payraises (or got crap) they negoiatiated due to the state of this industry. (dont even start with the southwest contract because they'll be given that back too. just look at their 2005 financial statements)

im not happy about not receiving a cost of living adjustments or the 190 pay rates, but i know what industry im working in right now and know what can happen very quickly if your not intelligent.

p.s. who thought 5 years ago UNITED would be in their state of disrepair?? and it was not only due to inept management.

Last edited by bluebrother; 07-01-2005 at 06:20 AM.