View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 08:58 AM
Nevets
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: EMB 145 CPT

Originally Posted by Bozo View Post
And what certificate does Expressjet operate on? That's right EV. ASQ... ACEY.
And how does that make a difference?

Originally Posted by Urbandrone View Post
That's L-XJT problem. Because ASA took the Expressjet name they have forgotten that the pilot group already put one company out of business, and that same pilot group is going to put another company out of business trying to prove you can put a square peg through a round hole.

What company was put out of business? The only way you can make a case of a pilot group putting a company out of business is if they strike for too long. And even then it's only arguable. This is all Skywest trying to put their whipsaw peg through our round hole. You can surrender and let them do it but resisting THEIR business plan is not what puts a company out of business. It's unbelievable that pilots will blame pilots when it's the CEO that is pitting his own employees against themselves so he and the shareholders can make a bit more money. Shameful.

Originally Posted by JustAMushroom View Post
One gets the sense SGU is desperately trying to extricate themselves from the mess that is XJT. This isn't a dig at the pilots, I recognize SGU signed onto some pretty crappy deals. But they have a bad taste in their mouths and they just want out of the 145s and the headaches. Most people around here think ASA will continue to thrive and will be one of the last regionals standing. If I had to bet, SGU wants the money from XJT to canibalize the smaller regionals pilots and in a few years there will be just a very few regionals at all.

Let's get one thing straight, this xjt mess is all on Skywest and no one else. But I doubt they are desperate. Their plan is going working out in the long term.

Originally Posted by Maingear View Post
Long story short-

As it stands now:
L-XJT - dead by 2018
L-ASA - Not dead in 2018 or in the foreseeable future.

It's not ASA vs XJT. It's just how the cards are falling. It's not political at the pilot group level.

Just to clarify, if LXJT is dead by the end of 2017 (which used to be 2020), then LASA is tentatively dead in 2022.