View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Flying Ninja
Need More Flight Time!

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Flight Simulator X

LAfrequentflyer, mentorship was difficult to get my hands on. But my CFI for my PVT told me it wasn't a great idea. The flying club I was running at the time, its members didn't exactly think it sounded quite right. I just figured it was innovative and that because it's Embry-Riddle, they must know what they're doing otherwise they would never risk this kind of venture. Yep, I was wrong.

de727ups, I wasn't there for the announcement but apparently ERAU's business plan didn't think CAPT was in alignment with their flight training business strategies. And I heard that the interim President wanted to do away with flight training altogether. But then they announced their glass Cessnas they just purchased so it seems to me like they just wanted to get CAPT off their name brand. Main campus students didn't like us, the CFIs at main campus didn't like us. It's all speculation at this point. But after going through the program, I can say that management was a problem. And their flight ops policies had a "sky's the limit" on spending policies that I saw. I just assumed they had a lot of venture capital along with our high tuition money. I ran a flying club so I knew how much flight ops cost. I was surprised at how they ran the operation. If it was up to me, I could have trimmed a lot of fat out of their operations.