Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 08:20 AM
pilotpayne
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”

Originally Posted by clear4approach View Post
Spot on! Think negative people will be positive all of a sudden just because they're flying a plane or collecting a paycheck with a Delta, AA, or UA logo on it? Probably not.
We have a long way to go here at JB but changes happen slow and steady and there are sometimes bumps in the road. That applies to life in general too.
First year pay sucks. Don't take the job if you can't handle that financially or emotionally.
BTW doesn't Delta also make you pay for your hotel during training? Why is no one up in arms about that? I figure my new hire hotel in training probably cost the company 4-5k. I'd rather that then paying for it on my own or bunking up with some insomniac snorer fellow new hire.

Because they are Delta.
They have better pay, big planes, huge profit sharing, lots of retirements and on and on. Paying for hotels is overlooked because of everything else Delta offers. People also forget the merger the furloughs and the BK contract that took most of that stuff away.
It's really all about what you look for is what you will find.
jetBlue is a good company and can have a bright future and I am happy here but we can and should do better. We don't have those big planes(yet) and massive retirements so if we want to attract quality guys we better take care of them. To me all this seems to do is make new guys full ALPA supporters from day one.