View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 04:22 PM
aewanabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Blue fifi flogger
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Kellwolf View Post
Wasn't aware the new hires weren't offered PEAs. IMO that's a loophole that needs to be closed. However, I'm still not taking anything ALPA says at 100% the same way I'm not taking the company's line at 100%.

Everyone has an agenda, and it might not align 100% with your outlook 100% of the time. ALPA is ALPA, doesn't matter if it's a regional or a major. They have the same bylaws at both, follow the same rules and make the same moves. The only difference is the terms of the contracts they negotiate. So, in that regard, it's exactly the same at the regional level as it is at the major level. Those that think otherwise are likely in for a rude awakening down the road. The chance for abuse is equal as both.

Thanks for pointing out new hires don't sign PEAs anymore. Didn't know that one. But seeing as that wasn't included in the e-mail, I'm not sure how that affects my "reading comprehension" as everyone was so quick to jump on. Perhaps you fine people can educate me on exactly what the factors are that make up the "value" the union was talking about, as no one else seems to know. Also, I stand by my statement that perhaps ALPA shouldn't be attempting to rile up things until something has happened for sure. "Value" and "Pay" are different. If the new hires are still getting $2500 a month, what was the point of riling everyone up? I would certainly hope the "value" they're talking about (which in this case seems like "cost" would be a better word, but I guess the company thinks "value" sounds better) would decrease, otherwise there's REALLY no point in building the lodge.

I knew before I hit a keystroke I was gonna get piled on, insulted and basically screamed at. Speaking bad about the company is cool, but whatever you do, don't question the hard working MEC or ALPA in general. Let's all just shut up and color if the union says to, but don't believe a word the company says.
Ok, now I'm going to insult and scream at you. Seriously, arguing with you is like arguing with a 16-year-old girl, few facts and mostly emotion. The newhires are NOT getting 2500/ per month, and that's not rumor. The total amount divided by the training footprint equals approximately 2090/month, and the information was provided to the MEC directly from the company. (Guess you missed that line in the email). How in the hell does that equal our MEC having an "agenda" as you put it? It's sad to read that you seem to be ok with the company recouping the cost of this ridiculous lodge from our newhires.

Nowhere has the union told anyone to shut up and color, in fact, the only communication suggesting any specific actions that I'm aware of was from the BOS LEC reminding us of the parking brake SOP a couple months back. Nowhere in this thread has anyone suggested not believing a word the company says; perhaps you can find for us where the company has said one word about this directly to the pilot group?