View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 09:50 PM
OceanCrosser
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013
Position: A350 Captain (RET)

Originally Posted by gr8vu View Post
DPMA is just one easy page--just filled it out over the weekend. Temporary Disability (TD) is about 10-13 pages and much more painful. Took me about 2 hours to sort through and make sense of it all. Spoke with both over the phone last week and everyone was very helpful. I don't plan on having the doctor send it in--I will collect after he's done and send it myself to ensure it gets done.

Also spoke with ALPA (contracts and insurance extensions) and both have been very helpful. I run out of sick leave in 2 weeks so will find out how it all works in short order.

ALPA med is also assisting and is fully engaged on getting the FAA paperwork done.
Either way, whether it is DPMA or TD, the onus in on the applicant which in my humble opinion is wrong. Imagine you being in a critical car accident and not shoulder surgery. Now the process is left up to the family to be sure income continues whilst you recovery in an induced coma. Granted, maybe a little over the top, but my point is, there are easier ways to do this.

Regarding ALPA med and our own Delta Doctor, both are EXCELLENT resources. We are extremely lucky to have them both! Also, in my past contact with the folks at Harvey Watt they are very professional and efficient.

Don't misunderstand my angst. It is not against our current programs. But what frustrates me is those that believe this is the best we can do. I just think we can do better.

Stay well!! LLAP!!

OC