Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2015, 12:26 PM
pilotpayne
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”

Originally Posted by Std Deviation View Post
Many variables go into these decisions. I struggled to get here so I'm not really interested in leaving. That being said, I'm 45. When I plug my numbers into the seniority calculator here, I'm showing 1385 at retirement. Granted, it doesn't figure attrition and there's other inherent errors in the calculation but you can't deny that this is a young company. Do I believe this will be a 5,000 pilot company? Honestly no. 4,000? Perhaps.

Would I do better financially at a legacy with the retirements? Absolutely. So it comes down to culture, bases, etc. As I said, I'm not shopping but being hired directly into an MD80 at DFW with no commute at $75 an hour, vs. $51 with a commute to NYC is appealing nonetheless. Sometimes you don't plan to move but life happens.

In terms of culture, if we start charging for bags, snacks, TV, and internet - and then reduce the pitch and add more seats, what differentiates us from the competition? If the culture changes, with only 5% of the market share, we're an acquisition target IMO.

You should join BluePilots.com :: Index
There is a guy on there (FNG) I think you two would be good friends.