Old 03-06-2015, 12:10 PM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Unfortunately, duty time doesn't start at the beginning of a hotel standby, as it does for an airport standby. It starts at the show time of whatever flight they give you, if they end up assigning you something. These things, I think apply to you. The questions I have about your pairing, are: Are you getting assigned a trip with a showtime during your originally scheduled standby period? And will you be finished with your trip no later than 4:30 after your original standby period?

Base Hotel Standby i. A base hotel standby period shall not exceed 11:30 hours.

ii. A base hotel standby pilot may only be assigned duty commencing during the standby period. If a pilot’s pairing is revised, however, the following shall apply:

If assigned a trip, a base hotel standby pilot's duty period shall begin at the showtime for that trip. If assigned a domestic duty period, that does not consist exclusively of a deadhead, the standby pilot shall be scheduled for release to a legal rest period not later than the scheduled on-duty limit for that showtime, but in any case, the standby pilot shall be released to a legal rest period not later than 4:30 hours after the end of his standby period.

Last edited by busdriver12; 03-06-2015 at 12:20 PM.