Old 03-07-2015, 03:54 AM
CAPIP1998
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: In the doghouse
Default Who's been hired?

Originally Posted by Wilk1 View Post
Looking for insight from anyone with experience regarding the following. How do DAL or UAL view Union positions, namely Steward positions? I truly believe they should be viewed favorably as they are positions of Leadership geared toward ensuring contract compliance and overall safety. They also typically take workload off of Management by fielding issues that would otherwise be directed toward various departments within the airline. However, the topic of Unions can be volatile these days and those in the interviewer seats come from various positions within a given Company.

Again, any insight from those having experience with either hiring for these Company's or having held such a position and either been hired or passed over would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Wilk,
I was just hired by Delta last month. I have held both positions as a negotiator and officer in my current airline union. Not only did I get the job, but I firmly believe that the service helped me get the interview. Definitely NOT a negative. Just be sure to keep a positive tone whenever you are discussing your union work.