View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 09:30 AM
TeddyKGB
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: 7er

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
Thank you. I don't know how anyone making $100k-$200k+ (which is pretty much every legacy pilot in the US) can expect sympathy from those making $20k-$65k flying the same metal around for the same airline system when they want to talk about "subsidies."

My track record when I was at a regional. AA - crickets, US - crickets, DL - crickets, UA - crickets. Qatar - heard back in 6 months and Emirates - heard back in 4 months. For many pilots, it's the same as a legacy airline not existing if they can't even get an interview. It's hard to bite the hand that is actually willing to feed you. Plenty went overseas to those ME carriers because they got called/hired and had bills to pay. If the legacy carriers were really concerned, they could put a hurt on the ME carriers by instantly hiring every single American pilot back. There is a large quantity of American pilots at EK, QR, and EY. Hiring all back in a very short timeframe would put a hurt on the pilot manpower of the ME carriers.

But instead, some vocal legacy pilots here are adamant about putting those American pilots at ME carriers on some sort of "no-hire" list for their "betrayal" of the US industry. With BS talk like that, good luck getting any unity. I will conclude by saying I honestly don't care and I have no problem walking away from a US carrier into a ME carrier if I had to. Good luck in your fight because lets face it, it is just your fight. You made it this way by letting a regional outsource model continue and pushing away expat American pilots instead of wanting them to come back and work here.
If I'm not mistaken, you were a regional FO with no TPIC or 121PIC correct? What were you expecting?