View Single Post
Old 02-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Pilotpip
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by Mach Knockers
I generally agree with all of this. My only additional thought is that we can possibly think of the VLJs as replacing the aging larger personal piston twin and turboprop aircraft like Chieftains, Cheyennes, Barons, Aerostars, etc. If you think of it like that, 1000 orders won't touch the airlines, effect-wise. Those replaced aircraft will be scrapped or cargoed.

I've met a few flying families over the years, usually pro-pilot couples or pro-husband, PPL wife who fly around in their, say, Cheyenne. I could see them easily replacing their bird with one of the VLJs. It's just the two of them, their two Bouviers and once in a while, a grown child. Just a thought.

BINGO! Cessna hasn't made a twin in over 20 years and why buy a baron at over a million with a G-1000 when you can buy one of these for a little more. It will get you there faster, safer (this isn't accounting pilot stupidity, turbine engines are far more reliable), and access to fuel will be easier as 100LL becomes a thing of the past like the other aviation grade fuels.

My flight school is currently working with a couple VLJ producers including Cessna to develop training programs that will eventually be FITS certified. At the moment we're the only FITS approved program for the G-1000 in the country and we should have a similiar program certified for the Avidyne in the next few months. We are a factory training center for Cessna, Mooney, Beech, Symphony, and Diamond and the VLJ is the next logical step. I plan on keeping myself very informed on the development of these programs.

BTW, love the avatar MK.

Last edited by Pilotpip; 02-20-2006 at 07:02 PM.