View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 01:25 PM
Freightpuppy
Freightmama!

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 757/767 FO

A320, good post. In addition, Deez340, that may be a fact at DAL but there are many airlines where plenty of white males get hired with less time than other white males with more time because of connections. In any case, one thing I do know for a FACT is that every single white male that I know that has made a 100% effort to find a good aviation job has done so. I never heard them making commentary about how everyone else "less deserving" was hired over them. Instead, they focused on themselves and were successful. Many of them are at FedEx, UPS, SWA, CAL, etc. That being said, you can be a bump on a log complaining that every female and minority "took your job" or you can focus your energy on networking, going to job fairs and getting that same job. I am sure I can guess which person out of the two would get the job.

P.S. Can there be one thread that involves a female pilot that doesn't end up with the usual childish commentary? You all sound like a bunch of whiny babies not professional pilots.