View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 05:42 PM
The Walrus
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: Socket Drawer

Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
It's not only a problem for commuters, but I will agree that it effects them disproportionately. It will also require a disproportionate sacrifice to fly the scheduled deadheads.

By the same token, it's easy to pass up a MEM-XYZ-MEM draft trip if you're a commuter, and a bigger temptation if it's 8 hours away from home for quick cash.

So, why don't we all just do our own part and not try to compare my hardship with yours, or yours with someone else's? Do the right thing, encourage your brother to do the right thing, and compliment your brother when he does the right thing. Complaining that it's harder for me to do the right thing than someone else just isn't helpful to anyone. Everyone has a cross to bear.

I completely agree. I will also say that I hope that in negotiations that it is fixed. I personally gain in seniority artificially by having pilots commute. It makes it easier to hold the type of trips that I prefer to fly as a non-commuter. But as far as the pilot force actively affecting the company's actions of cheating with the accepted fares, I already fly the scheduled dh, and when they publish a ticket for $200, and then have to buy a $800 ticket to get me there I am already doing all that I can to affect the problem.