View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 09:00 PM
kalyx522
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Student Pilot

Originally Posted by Deez340 View Post
What are you smokin'?! Do you honestly think that a white male 25 year old FO with no pic could ever be in the first 30 people hired at Delta Air Lines after a 6 year hiring hiatus?! Get Real! I welcome her with open arms (no pun intended) and think she'll do fine in the long run but lets cut the crap! Please!! The 1% at DAL that I know are sharp and are where they are because they are top notch.
well my point there was that DAL has had only 1% women this whole time, compared to the 4%-ish average for other majors, so i find it hard to believe that they would suddenly start hiring hoards of supposedly unqualified women for AA reasons. it doesnt seem likely. if they were practicing AA like you suggest, then the % would be at least on par with other majors or higher.

Originally Posted by Deez340 View Post
The reality is that at least in this new hiring cycle the only people that have been hired at DAL that are under 29 have an acute lack of penis. FACT. I have the list. (maybe one 28 year old exception)
ok so I'm just curious.. just how many women did DAL hire this time out of how many total and did they have connections? if you know for a fact that the 26 yr old woman got hired with less qualifications than every single one of her classmates yet with no connections whatsoever then you call it what it is.

btw, you mention age but age is semi-irrelevant.. if you started flying at age 16 or 17 then a 25 year old could very well have more experience than someone older who started flying later. for example, one of my CFIs had something like 1500 hrs before she left to go fly for a C-5 unit.. at age 23. a bunch of my classmates are in their 30s.. with less than 1000 hrs. by the time they all get to the majors (if, lol) they'll be a lot older than my CFI... my CFI may still be in her 20s by then, but with more experience than these 'oldies'. my point being that age is not really indicative of anything.

Last edited by kalyx522; 06-22-2007 at 09:06 PM.