View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 09:25 PM
wannabepilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

I'm in Birmingham as well and am in the exact same situation as you except I will be a junior in college next year. This coming monday I am going to talk one-on-one with a current 2nd-3rd year ASA FO about the 121 aviation world. He is basically in the time frame that makes or breaks new airline pilots from what I have read on the forums. I'm hopeful that I will receive some valuable insight from him with regard to the good, the bad, and the ugly that comes with the 121 world. I will be sure to share with you what he has to say. I will also say that these boards have given me a lot of valuable information that I will use in trying to decide whether or not aviation is the career for me. I'm trying to learn as much as I can so I can be as close to 100% positive about my career choice. I am also shadowing a doctor this summer to see if medicine might be the career for me. I basically do not have any idea what I want to do, but I have always loved flying, airplanes, the science behind aviation, and anything else to do with aviation. It would be a mistake for me to not at least consider a career in aviation. We'll see where I end up. First things first...I have to finish my degree, that has nothing to do with aviation, before I can do anything.