View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 09:57 AM
jaybird
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Default Netjets latest & greatest:

Originally Posted by MWilliams View Post
The framework for the next contract is mostly in place. The only thing left is to fill in the dollar amounts. That can be done quickly, 60 days, if both sides want to get it done. From where I sit, management hasn't seen the light. Their four pillars or anything close will never make it to a vote.

You really think it's that close? The line by line approach would seem otherwise. Additionally, the want from our side vs the want from management side are so far apart. Management is operating in a different reality.

Any regional CA's chew on this. If you come here your 121 career is dead. I've invested almost a decade at NJA and I'm seriously considering going back to a regional with a quick upgrade.

The amount of extra work you do here as well as the demanding flight schedule leaves you as a shell of your former self after seven days. Understand you will fatigue regularly and come under scrutiny from management in the form of metric based reports and calls as to why you're fatigued, some warranted some unwarranted.

The only benefit of this place is the domicile system if you happen to have a hard commute at your current job. You will most likely not see a first officer upgrade for 5-10 years. The company has displaced so many captains they will want to get out of the small fleets they were assigned to. Add in the type rating collectors and its will be closer to 10 years. Heck, we have senior captains bidding FO in the global!

Good luck with your decision. The grass is not green here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk