View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 02:37 PM
OpenClimb
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by LibertyPilot View Post
Wow, that's really low. My goal is a legacy but I was looking to get some 121 time for 12 months to help my chances. @38K would I be better off going to somewhere like Endeavor with the retention bonus or Trans States as a CQFO? I think annual pay is around 45-50K if I went that route.
Yep. It's nothing short of pathetic. Historically mainline, career carriers have short-changed new hire pilots and have replaced reasonable first year pay with promises of a rosey career and untold riches soon to follow.

This being said, I'm not sure exactly WHAT Frontier is offering to offset its lower than average first year pay.

Honestly, all I can come up with as an offset is the possibility of a relatively quick upgrade. Kinda reminds me of when I first hired on at Mesa in 1999. I was offered captain on the 1900 when I had 60 hours in the plane as an FO and less than 200 hours total multi-engine time.

I flew with a new hire the other day who had run all the upgrade numbers. By his math, he thought he may upgrade right around the 2 year mark. I think that's probably a bit optimistic, but probably not by much.