Old 06-23-2007, 08:31 PM
razorseal
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Default what is it like to fly on the other side of the pond?

Being Turkish myself, I have always considered to go back home and fly over there for my career instead of doing it here (pretty much skip the regional stuff here). I mean 90% I'll never do it, but I know an airline like pegasus which flies 734s, 738s and what now actually hire pilots with like MINIMUM hours (200-300 TT) anyways, what is it like to fly over there? (not just specifically Turkey, but in Europe) I know they get QNE, QNH, but what about radio talk? can someone with FAA training go over there and comf. talk to the JAA controllers? What about DPs, STARs and all? I heard very rarely do you get vectored there. What about airspaces and all those other goodies? routes?

I wish I could go there and fly, too bad its probably another world.

and yes, getting hired to fly Boeings at 200-300/20 sounds CRAZY! I have a friend who did his training here, got his stuff converted to JAA and went back. He got hired by Pegasus with ~250TT/25ME to fly Boeing 734s. He left them to go to Turkish Airlines at around 1500/2000TT, and he is training for his left seat stuff. (not sure how many hours he has) I hadn't talked to him in a while, maybe he already got it.