View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 03:52 PM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
Easy there trigger. My point was if they reduce deviation banks further, then I would have no choice but to take the scheduled DH and I believe if everyone were to take the scheduled deadheads it would create big problems for them because of the reduced number of flights out of MEM. I don't know that for a fact, just an observation.

I deviate because it's convenient for me and allows me one or two extra days at home........not because "getting to Memphis sucks." By doing this, my net bank is usually close to $1000/month; a give back to the company. Maxkts stated that, "They wanted to make deviation fares 75% of the "accepted fare"!" If they did that, then I would have no choice but to take the scheduled deadhead. Lately, it seems as though the actual cost of a deadhead ticket is much more than the accepted fare........thereby costing FEDEX more $$$$. Sorry, I guess I'm not making myself clear, but then again my kids tell me that all of the time.
Thanks Roy, yes getting to Mempho costs an extra day or two commute, hence it sucks. Catch my drift pardner?