Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 04:25 PM
ShopVac
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014
Position: A320

Originally Posted by Freightcowboy View Post
I have been at Spirit for 8 years and I can tell you the only thing consistent with Spirit, is that they get smarter in saving money in terms of payroll. I remember years ago getting a JRM 3 days in advance and each year the money making opportunities became less and less with the exception of few, aka Carparo and Haynes. The latest grievance filed just accelerated what was eventually gonna happen. No more dealing making and no more crazy credit months. The bigger Spirit gets the more investors want to know about "wages paid" and "expected wages paid". Also the chances of Spirit hiring more schedulers to accomodate pilots calling in to request trips inside of 48 hours wasn't ever gonna happen. The moral of the story is this: The bigger we get, the more we gotta adapt to change as long as our CBA is followed 100%.
You are correct in what you say about both those individuals. Neither respects the basic principles of the contract. The difference between the two is that Capraro is a raging union and organized labor hater. I think he was the one doing all the anti MEC rants on the old Spirit board including anti gay rants. Finally I assume he was kicked off the board because he suddenly disappeared and was never seen again.