View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 12:39 PM
Macdacpilot
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: B737 CA

Originally Posted by 1Barracuda View Post
Anyone on the hiring board or in management that could answer a question- A bit of background first: after attending a few job fairs and speaking with recruiters I was told that my lack of a current training event is an issue since it's been many years since my last (with a failure).

My specific question- would obtaining a 737 type rating be of value to me at this point to prove to United I'm capable of passing a training event? Especially since Southwest Airlines has dropped that requirement and United has 737's.
I had the "737 typed?" box checked on my airlineapps with no time in the actual aircraft and it never even came up in the interview. And this was months before SWA said they are doing away with that requirement. I don't think they are all that worried about SWA in that regard anymore...I think that dynamic has changed a bit.

I highly doubt anyone from management or anyone doing any interviews is going to respond to your post as requested. The closely guarded company secret is how many points each box you check on airlineapps is actually worth...that's the key. But hey, I can't blame you for trying. Good luck.